Caherconnell Geology Field School » Terms and Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
Caherconnell Geology Field School will not accept responsibility for articles lost or stolen while participating in the Field School courses, or tours.
- As some of the course schedule involves outdoor projects, the Caherconnell Geology Field School is subject to the Irish weather. We expect that in all but the most extreme of weather events the school can continue.
- While Caherconnell Geology Field School strives to ensure that all the details relating to the courses are accurate, if you have a specific query or point that requires confirmation please contact us prior to booking.
- Caherconnell Geology Field School reserves the right to withdraw, without penalty, any announced programme, in which case a full refund will be made. Caherconnell Geology Field School will not be liable for any costs incurred by a participant in preparation for the trip, including non-refundable or restricted airline tickets. We strongly recommend that you purchase travel insurance prior to making your travel arrangements or reservations.
- The Burren Geology School may, occasionally & for promotional purposes, use images captured during our field schools. If you would prefer that images where you might feature are not used – please contact the field school informing them of this and we will undertake to omit these images.
The Burren Geology Field School Terms & Conditions
- 40% of fees to be paid within 14 days of your application being accepted
- Full fees must be received at least 10 weeks prior to the start of the course
- Cancellations 10 weeks prior to Field School course commencement will be refunded, less a 10% administration fee
- We regret that cancellations after these dates cannot be refunded unless we can place an alternate applicant on the course
- Once a student is offered a place they must accept or decline the offer within 14 days. After this period the booking fee of €100 is no longer refundable
- The school will not be responsible for injuries sustained during field trips, fieldwork, or at any other time while attending the school
- Students should have their own personal insurance to cover any unforeseen medical expenses during their time at the school
- Students should also ensure that they have a current tetanus vaccination